Sunday 13 July 2014

When i grow up, I want to be a ____?

Its sunday! Last day of the week and tomorrow, it'll be morning blues all over again. Sigh. So i had tuition with ms lau and oh my gosh, i missed that woman so much. She is like my favourite tutor and seriously i have so much fun listening to her "life stories". Her life is seriously damn interesting! I also feel that i have learnt many things from her (perserverance, living life etc) She is such and inspiration to me. She always taught me how to live my life well, and it has really impacted me alot. Just today, we were talking about her new job as a marketing consultant (or is it business consultant??) Whatever, she's working in her boyfriend's company and her main task is to understand her clients' businesses and access methods to help them improve their business. Apparently, it's what she enjoys doing and she actually left the teaching industry and jumped back into the world of business again. She talked about her clients, and she even explained to me a little about what business is all about. That cleared up my doubts about business and i seriously think that business is an interesting subject, but it also requires alot of know-how and patience when dealing with different people. I always thought that business was just about being an entrepreneur. Nope, i was way off!

So ms lau went on and on about her job, and it put me in a different perspective. She taught me that i should always not be contented with just what im doing and always strive to learn more things. Like her, i can maybe start off as a teacher, then maybe change job scope to be a zoo keeper or something, then maybe change jobs again and be a banker? Okay that was bad examples, but something like that. It just means that one's learning should never be limited to a certain topic. I should always try out different things, and i think it really builds on the experiences. This is really inspiring to me lah, because i always think of doing one thing, and never really thought about trying out different things. I probably should though, i guess it helps me grow and i can acquire more knowledge. This just gives me more to think about what i want to do when i'm older, which i dont really know. Ahhh i sort of cant wait to grow up! 

On a less serious note, i had a great time yesterday! Went to watch sound of music at marina bay sands! The singers were good, but the play was a little bit different from the original one, which is kind of disappointing :( They changed the songs' sequence and it sort of looks awkward. Not to mention, Captain von Trapp was so ugly! The original Captain was so handsome oh my god. 


My outfit last night! Wore my contact lens too. 
Shirt - Cuffed sleeves and crop top from Bugis Street 
Skirt - Maya silky skirt from Cotton On 
Shoes - White lacy platform shoes from H&M 
Socks - HUF inspired weed socks from carousell 

I love HUF socks so much! Its just plain and simple. I think i plan to buy another pair though! Mad love for high socks. Going to sleep early tonight and catch the match Germany VS Argentina tomorrow morning at 4am. Hope i can wake up though! 

Last but not least, yesterday Iz and i were so hyped up at about 12am and we just went siao. So glad to have her in my life! 


This is true love <3 I was complaining about how hungry i was at 12:58am wtf, and she wanted to come down and give me food (AWWW) But cannot, eat too late really will get fat. This is what friends are for :') totally made my night yesterday. 

Okay lah, thats all for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment