Wednesday 23 July 2014

Is religion that important?

As the title goes, this post is me ranting about religious issues. Basically, i sometimes have conversations about religion with my mum, and needless to say, she hates it when i bring it up. But its something that we all cant avoid, right? I am Christian, she's a Buddhist, and the ratio of both religion in my family (both dad and mum side) is that Buddhism outweights Christianity. It sucks not having the same religion, but i dont understand why some people cant accept the religion difference?! We all have to learn to accept one another's religion one way or another what. So annoyed about it urgh. 

My mum dislikes Christianity because she thinks that Christians are more strongheaded, and we tend to persuade people to come over to Jesus's side, or we may insult Buddhism (like the statues and burning offerings) I think that's a little stereotyping us. Not all Christians are like that what! I have to say, part of this is my uncle and auntie's fault, because they changed sides from Buddhism to Christianity, they always refuse to come into the temple to pray for my deceased grandpa, who's urn is kept inside the templed. I understand that Christians are not allowed to go in temples, but they really dont have to be so blunt about it. After all, its my grandpa leh?!! So thats why my mum is so against it. Me on the other hand, i always felt like an outsider in the world of Buddhism, and i am just never drawn towards it. Since primary school, i never really bowed to Buddha every morning assembly, and i would just think about reading bibles and going to church. I think i am just born with the Holy Spirit. 

Speaking of religion clash, recently, there are so many whites going against muslims because of their religion?! Hello, believing in Islam isnt a crime, and why cant the whites just be calm about it? Is it necessary to go around shooting the muslims just because of their religion and skin colour?! Outrageous. I dont know why cant people just live in peace, and just love one another. It is ridiculous to fall apart just because of religion differences. Get a clue. 

For once, i already accepted Christ, and it has been about 2 years since i officially did, God has been looking out for me and i am thankful that he fills my soul with  so much hope and peace. It just calms me down, and i can think properly. I have sinned as well, and for that, i hope that Lord can forgive me and guide me through my next phase. My mum still doesnt not know about it though, and i dont know how to bring it up to her without quarrelling with her about religion differences. Sigh pie. 

I hope that when i grow up and i can change my mum's mind about religions and maybe she wont be so hard and stubborn about it. Whew. 

Bible verse of the day; "Luke 6:37" 

Thats all for today's update! 

No comments:

Post a Comment