Tuesday 9 September 2014

An epilogue of us

"We walked on the path, along the horizon. She grabbed my hands, and i held on tight to her. From the corner of my eye, i saw that she stole a glance at me. I smiled to myself, wondering what it was about her that drew us so close. She pulled me down to sit beside her, and as usual i tripped, and we both fell onto the grass laughing. 

We lay on our backs, and stared at the sky. The sun was fading to a golden reddish hue, and dusk was soon to come. As if on cue, we both turned and stared at each other, smiling.

I was awestruck. I never thought i would meet someone who would walk into my life and change everything. 

It was meant to be, me and her to find each other. We are soulmates, we are infinite. 

That evening, we lazed around and looked up at the stars. We traced out the constellations and each star twinkled high above us. This was a dream come true, to admire the galaxy with my bestest friend. 

I started to think, what happens ten years later? Would we have our forever? Just as i teared thinking about the worst of losing her, a noise behind us made me turn to look. 

An old man was strolling along the path, and he was wheeling an old lady in a wheelchair. They exchanged words ever so silently, but between them, there was no one else around. They were entrapped in their own bubble, as they gazed at each other lovingly. This gave me hope, that there could be a forever. 

This put a smile on my face and i dried my tears. I looked at her again, and pictured our future together. We may not be each other's partner or lover, but we were best friends, and we were going to walk down our forever and always together. " 

Dedication to my bff, Iz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment