Tuesday 31 December 2013

To be...or not to be?

Pardon the lame title. Its just, i've been feeling more and more drawn towards Christianity, and yesterday, the topic of going to church and being Christian just popped up during tuition. So, my teacher was a Christian, and we just started talking about how i might have the 'holy spirit' within me, if not i wouldn't have
been wanting to be a Christian. Technically, i am not sure what religion i was born with, but mum was a Buddhist, so technically i am buddhist (my dad can't really be bothered with the whole religious thing). But, i didnt want to be one, i just, didnt feel like a Buddhist. I didn't know there was another religion like being a Catholic or Christian, so till i was in primary school, i started to be concious about other religions, then that's when i knew i actually want to be a Christian. As i grew up, obviously i had to succumb to my surroundings and i feel more like i needed the freedom of choosing my own religion. But, my mum was like, "If u want to become a Christian, u are no daughter of mine." Yeah, it was that serious. Ridiculous, that's how i felt. I mean, we are all born to have a free will. I know parents are our elderly and we're suppose to respect them and not go agaisnt them, but really? I can't even choose what i want to believe in? URGH, RIDICULOUS. My aunts and uncle slowly converted to Christianity as well, and i keep hoping that one day, i'll be able to go to church openly and not lie behind my parents' back about my whereabouts. 

So, my tutor told me that i should not feel afraid to go to church (i always use 'not enough time' as an excuse for not going church), but really, the whole problem lies with my parents. They are just so strongly against me being a Christian. -_- But, i think i will be a Christian when im 21, when i am an adult and i can make my own decisions (FINALLY). I just enjoy going to church, even though i only visited there twice. Maybe it really is the 'holy spirit'. Being like a staunch Christian, my tutor was worried that i might stray away from the religion, but i was sure that i am going to remain a Christian. Problem is, a Christian isn't suppose to burn incense or offerings. But thats what a typical Buddhist or Taoist do. So i can't imagine that if i become a Christian, and i can't offer any thing to my relatives who've passed away, what will my parents think?! Like, i'm not a filial daughter or that i'm being rude or somthing?!! 

Still, i pray for myself and hope that i can get out of this...situation. It really is a question of to be or not to be .__. 

No comments:

Post a Comment